Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton Holds Annual Awards Luncheon
The Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton recently held its annual service awards luncheon at the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford. The Auxiliary celebrated over 37,000 hours of service volunteered by 160 active members in 2016.
The service award program recognizes members’ volunteer milestones. During the ceremony Margaret Blair was honored with a special gift from the auxiliary for volunteering 14,000 hours for two different services. Other distinguished honorees were: Pauline Lane, for 17,750 hours; Joe Shultz, for 12,500 hours; Debbie Hayes, for 10,500 hours; and Elva Pierce, for 10,000 hours.
The following Auxiliary members were also recognized for their hours of service:
- Neal O’Shea (8,500);
- Gail Jenkins (8,000);
- Terry Stephan (7,500);
- Sabine Simonson (7,000);
- Carolyn Behr (6,500);
- Joyce Kent and Bertha B. Wilson (5,500);
- Janet Granger and Ellicott McConnel (5,000);
- Celia Bodmer, Barbara Brown and Brenda Prettyman (4,500);
- William Jenkins (4,000);
- Regina Holland and Anita Rowan (3,500);
- Art Cecil, Ruth Cecil, Margaret Green and Mary Turkington (3,000);
- Nancy Espenhorst (2,500);
- Virginia Curtin, William Hough and Donald O’Brien (2,000);
- Carolyn Gillman, Annabel Lesher, Suzan Newnam, Mary Ann Ray and Harriett Riter (1,500);
- Pauline Figliozzi, Liz Hannegan, Cecelia Laufert, Linda Nagle, Edna Pettit, Joyce Wilhelm and Gervios Wooters (1,000);
- Patricia Collins, Robert Gretzinger, Virigina Ann Harvey, Eileen Kornas, Anne Kuntz, Leslie Leadbeater, Genenieve Murray, Helen Williams and Penny Womack (750);
- Elaine Bednarz, Diane Daffin, Kathleen Fabian, Alice Formyduval, Mary McArtor, Andrea Mullikin, Barbara Nickerson, Barbara Runz, Kay Upton (500);
- Elizabeth Bedwell, Dianne Dulin, Joseph Hartmeyer, Michelle Hegadorn, Rose Hurst,
- Nancy Latham, JoAnn Martin, Phyllis Matthai, Dale Mumford, Marrie Retallack, Diane Ries, Bryant Wheeler and Mary Young (250); and,
- Tyler Beals, Karen Collins, Anne Davis, Paula Doyle, Paula Grussing, Jane Holman, Melva Hull, Thomas Keepers, Janet Pfeffer and Elaine Rippel (100).
Since its establishment, the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton has been instrumental in raising funds for various hospital programs and services at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton. Auxiliary funds are primarily raised through sales at Maggie’s Gift Shop, located at the hospital, and at the Bazaar at 121 Federal Street, which accepts donations of gently used clothing, accessories and small household items that are resold at reasonable prices. Both retail establishments are staffed by Auxiliary volunteers. In addition, Auxiliary volunteers are a resource in clinical areas both at the hospital and offsite, providing assistance to staff members, patients and visitors in multiple areas. Free blood pressure screenings are also provided to the community by auxiliary volunteers at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center located at 10 Martin Court in Easton.
For additional information about volunteer opportunities with the Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, visit umshoreregional.org or call 410-822-1000, extension 5839.